Disclaimer: Applied Magnets and Chefknivestogo neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damages resulting from the handling or use of magnets. With your purchase, the buyer confirms that you have read and understood the following warnings, the buyer agrees that he/she is responsible for all damages and injuries caused by the magnets, which include personal injuries , property damages and magnet damages. The buyer must agree with the terms before purchase. Pull forces we provided is estimates only, we are not responsible for any inaccuracy of magnet pull force. Please test the pull force before any usage.
Neodymium magnets we sell are very strong. Handling them with care is necessary to prevent personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages.
Magnets the size of a 2 inch cube or larger can cause serious damage to fingers if caught between 2 magnets such as breaking bones or losing finger tips.
Neodymium magnets are brittle; they can be broken or can splinter in a collision. One should wear gloves and protective glasses when handling these magnets, because splinters and/or spacers could disengage and fly from the magnets.
Normal Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). Higher temperature rare earth neodymium magnets are available in our store.
The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, hearing aids, loud speakers and VCRs. Pace-makers may be damaged or switch to "Test Mode" in the presence of a strong magnetic force, if a pace-maker is in use, keep a minimum of 3 feet distance.
Children should not be allowed to handle neodymium magnets as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.
Under no circumstances should you try to cut, saw or drill the Neodymium magnets! Not only would the magnet break, but the resulting dust from the magnet is very flammable. Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.
Ferrofluid MSDS Information:
Magnetite: 3-15 % by volume
Oil Soluble Dispersant: 6-30 % by volume
Carrier Liquid: 55-91 % by volume
CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
Boiling Point (°F): 401-491
Specific Gravity: 0.92 to 1.47
Vapor Pressure (mm Hg.): 1 at 100°F
Percent Volatile by Volume: 55-91 %
Vapor Density (AIR = 1): 6.4
Solubility in Water: Negligible
Evaporation Rate at: less than 0.1
Appearance and Odor: Black liquid, Mild odor
FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARD AREA
Flash Point (°F): 160°
Flammable Limits: uel: 0.6 lel : 7.0 at 77°F
Extinguishing Media: Co2, Foam, dry chemical, water spray.
Special Fire Fighting Procedure: Avoid smoke inhalation. Water spray may cause frothing.
Unusual Fire and Explosion Hazard: None
HEALTH HAZARD AREA
Threshold Limit Value: 5mg/m3 for oil mist in air (OSHA Regulations 29 CFR 1910-1000)
Effects of Overexposure: No experience with overexposure.
Prolonged or repeated contact with skin or eye contact may cause irritation.
Inhalation of mist or vapor at high temperature may irritate respiratory passages.
Emergency and First Aid Procedures:
Skin Contact: Wash with soap and water.
Eyes: Flush with water and consult a physician for treatment.
Inhalation of Smoke or Mist: Move to fresh air and refer to physician for treatment.
Ingestion: The material has minimal toxicity, but fluid aspirated into the lungs during ingestion could cause severe pulmonary injury.
You should not induce vomiting and should seek medical attention if the material is ingested.
Gloves should be worn while working with these ferrofluids. Please refer to MSDS sheet for health and safety information. THIS ITEM SHOULD NOT BE RE-SHIPPED BY END USER